Thursday 14 October 2010

Reinvention



Last night I went to see the new Social networking film. I won't go into details about the film itself apart from saying that it is worth watching, but it did make me think about the massive impact that the interent has had on aspects of our life.

Just one example that I began to think about, was the effect that it has on those starting university; Leaving the place where you have grown up and built a life for yourself, a group of friends and a place that you feel comfortable in. Yet there are those (few) who perhaps cannot wait to go. University could be their chance to reinvent themselves, for whatever reason.

However, I don't know if this is possible anymore. People can no longer erase who they used to be entirely. The internet and especially sites such as facebook hold so much information about us which we forget, some good, some bad, but either way it is there to stay and we need to remember that.

Personally I think that when I leave this small town I wont want to change who I am too much. This is probably true for most people, but for the few that do want/need to make that change, I hope that they are able to.

No comments:

Post a Comment